Over at the Dewey’s Read-a-Thon blog, they have hourly memes to help the bloggers get to know one another and the books they’re reading. I may not participate in them all, but here’s Hour 1:
1. Where are you reading from today? The couch in my home office, with a possible situs change to the bedroom and/or living room as the day goes on.
2. 3 facts about me: 1. I like rare steaks and well done bacon. 2. I write historical fiction that focuses on legendary, often female, protagonists. 3. I have a 15 year-old son who will probably grow up to build a death ray.
3. How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? Some real number between 1 and 50. I’m likely to actually finish 2-3 of them.
4. Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Goals: finishing each book before moving on to another (might or might not happen); participating in at least 4 mini-challenges and commenting on at least one blog an hour (should happen); reading the entire 24 hours (we’ll see).
5. If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? This is my first read-a-thon, so I’ll let you know later on.
That’s all for now…back to the books!
4 thoughts on “Read-a-Thon Hour 1 Meme”
Go Susan! Wow, you’re aiming for the full 24 hours? So brave!
Thanks! Hoping to manage it all. We’ll see how it goes!
(Non)traditional Buddhist readathon blessing:
Just as the books fill the shelves,
Pile together on the floor and stack up on the table
So may the joy of the readathon
Flow forth to brighten your day and lift your spirit.
Books already read, books in progress and books yet to be read.
By the power of every word on the page
May your book be delightful,
As scary as Lovecraft’s Cthulhu
Or as sweet as a box of See’s candy.
Let the power of the images evoked by words
Keep you stay awake long through the night
May no obstacle impede
Your day filled with books.
For all of those who are reading today
Who follow in the path of Dewey
May your day be filled with the four blessings
Of fabulous books, tasty snacks, comfy chairs and joy.
I love See’s candy! Thank you for stopping by and offering the awesome wishes!
Comments are closed.