Tuesday, November 16, 2010. My husband’s birthday.
In honor of the occasion, permit me to share a few things I’ve learned in the past decade-and-then-some since I said I Would:
1. Men’s socks are migratory and prone to basking in open areas. (Particularly on carpets.)
2. Real men aren’t afraid to own white persian cats. (Naming them after much-beloved Star-Trek episodes seems to counter any feminizing impulse.)
3. Oreos come in one-serving packages, no matter how many cookies the wrapper contains.
4. Bobby Boucher ain’t the only one likes watching de foosball. (And denigrate the Seahawks at your own risk. Accuracy is no defense.)
5. Mountain Dew is not a beverage. It’s a food group.
6. The rest of the women in the world ended up with lesser men than I did. Your loss. My definite gain.
Happy Birthday, Fendekar (no, that’s not his real name). May we celebrate many more together.
2 thoughts on “And There Was Great Rejoicing Throughout the Land”
Dat foosball is de devil! But it sure is fun watching :). As long as he doesn’t denigrate the Browns I won’t say anything about the Seahawks. Happy Birthday Fend.
Omg! Are our husbands related? You are dead on with the single-serving Oreo packages and the Mountain Dew food group. Hope he had a happy one, and wishing you guys many happy more.
Comments are closed.