December 5-11 2010 is official “Hand Washing Awareness Week.”
In light of that, and in the interest of full observance, permit me to mention a few things I’d like to wash my hands of as 2010 comes to a close:
1. Worrying. It was recently brought to my attention that I spend more than my fair share of time concerned about things I cannot change. I hereby wash my hands of fretting (but it’s probably going to get me into trouble…)
2. The bad economy. 2010 wasn’t exactly a banner financial year for most of us. I hereby wash my hands of the fiscal climate and expect the economy to respond appropriately in 2011. (I’ll let you know how that works out for me.)
3. Pessimism. I wash my hands of negativity, and will look at things in the best possible light. (Even though I’ll hate it and it won’t be any fun.)
4. Salsa. (I had a great burrito for lunch, but it was a little on the messy side.)
5. Procrastination. I hereby resolve … to finish this tomorrow.
What would you wash your hands of if you could?