We made it halfway! As the clock ticks past 4 we’re into the twelfth hour, and both Tesla and I are still going strong. The 3:00 sleepies passed on, and it’s time for the Read-a-Thon midway meme:
1. What are you reading right now? Robin Hood, the English Outlaw Unmasked, by David Baldwin (nonfiction, 2010).
2. How many books have you read so far? This is #3; I’m halfway through it.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The last one! Or, more seriously, all of them. It’s been a long time since I set aside a day to do nothing but read.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No, but only because my son decided to read with me and my husband is self-sufficient!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? No real interruptions. The telephone hasn’t even rung. It’s been a nice, quiet day. The only time I’ve had to get up was to deal with an empty coffee cup or a cat that wanted to join us for some quiet time.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The speed at which time passes, though I spend enough nights up too late with a good book that it really shouldn’t surprise me anymore.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? More chocolate – but that’s something I’ll handle on this end.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I’d probably offer to host a mini-challenge myself. In fact, I probably will!
9. Are you getting tired yet? I was, but I seem to have found my second wind. (It was hiding in a bag of chocolates.)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Ice cream sundaes taste really, really good at 6:30 am. Also, I’m finding myself more drawn to the non-fiction books in my stack than the fiction ones, so I’m glad I had some of both on hand.
If you’re stopping by, leave a name and a link to your read-a-thon post in the comments, I’d love to see what others are doing too.