Over at the Dewey’s Read-a-Thon blog, they have hourly memes to help the bloggers get to know one another and the books they’re reading. I may not participate in them all, but here’s Hour 1:
1. Where are you reading from today? The couch in my home office, with a possible situs change to the bedroom and/or living room as the day goes on.
2. 3 facts about me: 1. I like rare steaks and well done bacon. 2. I write historical fiction that focuses on legendary, often female, protagonists. 3. I have a 15 year-old son who will probably grow up to build a death ray.
3. How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? Some real number between 1 and 50. I’m likely to actually finish 2-3 of them.
4. Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Goals: finishing each book before moving on to another (might or might not happen); participating in at least 4 mini-challenges and commenting on at least one blog an hour (should happen); reading the entire 24 hours (we’ll see).
5. If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? This is my first read-a-thon, so I’ll let you know later on.
That’s all for now…back to the books!