Big thanks to Emily Moir for giving me a beautiful blogger award.
The beautiful blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers and offers both a chance to learn a little more about the recipient and a chance to pass the love forward to bloggers the recipient admires.
First, the seven things about me (that I haven’t already shared):
- I have an unnaturally strong love of iced coconut lattes.
- My bedside table is piled with books on my “to read” list. They also overflow onto the floor.
- I was born and raised in Santa Monica, California, but…
- I don’t like the beach. (I’m much more of a swimming-pool gal.)
- Spiders freak me out, despite my best attempts to get past being scared of them.
- I love listening to other authors talk about their work – it makes me want to write!
- My favorite dinner to cook at home is filet mignon and twice-baked potatoes. (It’s not as hard as most people think!)
And second: a few beautiful bloggers I admire and want to recognize with beautiful blogger awards of their own. The names are numbered, but only for listing purposes – they’re in no particular order:
- Heather Webb of Between The Sheets: a truly amazing author, editor, blogger and Fearless Leader of the SFWG. (Ask her about her insane query skills.)
- Tammy Salyer: blogger, independent author, sci-fi wizard, kick-ass cyclist and world-class friend.
- The incomparable Piper Bayard – author, marksman, and #connector extraordinaire.
- Janet B. Taylor: author of a hot new YA time-travel novel that’s sure to knock the socks off everyone who reads it.
- L.J. Cohen of Once in a Blue Muse: author, blogger, poet, journalist, and much, much more.
- Erika Mailman, author of The Witch’s Trinity and Woman of Ill Fame, as well as a fabulous local author friend!
- Arabella “D’Bella” Stokes, author of the historical romance Proof of Love and fellow writer-attorney hybrid.
- The talented Candie Disney, a YA author of whom I know I’ll be saying “I knew her when!”
- Julianne Douglas of Writing the Renaissance, a fantastic friend and crit partner whose blog offers great information about writing, Europe and the Renaissance.
I know so many more, but since the award mentions seven and I’ve given nine, I’ll stop for the sake of space!
Do you know a beautiful blogger you’d like to honor? Don’t wait! Grab the graphic and share the love on your own blog, or recommend him or her in the comments!